»

Commenting on this blog

In order to keep this blog a safe and respectable place for our readers and to keep spammers away, all comments must be moderated before they appear to the general public. Please allow a few hours time for your comments to appear.

Share HOF With Your Friends!

Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Some Thoughts on Michael Jacksons Memorial

Here are a few thoughts on the Memorial:

I know all you Hall and Oates fans, including myself, are disappointed that Daryl and John weren't there to help sing "We Are The World".

I hope the taxpayers of CA won't have to pay for this? I think the Jackson family and the insurance company should foot the bill? Don't you think? CA has enough problems without having to add this to the list.

Mariah Carey murdered the song "I'll Be There". I love that song, but she was so not the person to sing it. If you heard the narrator saying when Micheal was young he could sing that song by himself in both keys. Mariah's voice wasn't capable of singing in both keys, so she needed a back up singer. The back up singer had a great voice, but Mariah did nothing for that song. I am sure they could have found someone better to sing it?

Little Paris almost had me crying at the end. She was so brave to stand up and say something about her Daddy. I wanted to reach through the TV and give her a hug. When my boys dad died two years ago, they didn't talk about it for a long, long time. They couldn't speak at their fathers memorial, they were too numb even to cry. Paris will be OK I am sure. Katherine will see to that. For once these three kids will have a normal life. I hope they can go to a real school now and make some friends and have play dates with kids their age. I hope they can go out in public now without the disguises, and the one they call Blanket, can they give him a better name please? There comes a point where that name is cute, but then it stops being cute. I don't think it's cute anymore. He needs a real name. Or a better nickname.

Smokey Robinson, Lionel Richie and Stevie Wonder gave great performances and had some wonderful stories. Berry Gordy, Al Sharpton, Martin Luther King III and his sister Reverend Bernice King also had wonderful and touching stories to share.

And Brooke Shields, thank God she regained her composure, because if she started crying, I think I would have lost it too. She had some touching stories to share, like about her and Michael and Elizabeth Taylors wedding dress! That was very nice of her to speak.

Well, that's just a few thoughts.Now that this is all over, maybe life can go back to normal.I was watching a family on the news last night. Their son was killed in Iraq the same day Michael died, and they were saying how all the media attention has been on Micheal since he died, the media seems to have forgotten there is a war going on and none of the soldiers who died that day are getting any wheres the same attention MJ is. I kind of feel bad for them. It happens to be true, though. There is other news more important out there that needs to be covered. I certainly can't wait for life to go back to normal. If there is a "Normal". . .

0 comments: