»

Commenting on this blog

In order to keep this blog a safe and respectable place for our readers and to keep spammers away, all comments must be moderated before they appear to the general public. Please allow a few hours time for your comments to appear.

Share HOF With Your Friends!

Search This Blog

Sunday, June 28, 2009

HOF fans mourn the loss of Michael Jackson

We are deeply saddened by the death of Michael Jackson earlier this week. He was a music icon and will be deeply missed. Our thoughts go out to the Jackson family during this difficult time.

On the HallAndOatesForever discussion board, we have been discussing what Michael meant to us, how he has touched our lives and what we remember the most about him!

Here are what several people have said:

SandyCo:
As much as anyone could be, Michael Jackson was the symbol of an era. Those of us who grew up in the 70s and 80s listening to his music and watching his videos feel like a childhood friend has been lost. No matter what he may have done, and how weird he was in the past few years, nothing can take away from his musical legacy, and the way he dominated pop music for many years. We're mourning the loss of an era, not just a man.

D's Girl:
I just can not even fathom it. It doesn't seem real. I didn't even know the man but still I feel heartbroken. He contributed so much to the world of music and it is sad to me that there are many out there that prefer to remember him as an oddball pedophile. I have mixed emotions about that.He was my hero as a little kid. I had MJ night shirts, LP's, cassettes, posters in my room, t-shirts....I remember the night that the Thriller video premiered in MTV. It was such a HUGE event! I was at my grandmother's house w/my sister and cousin and we were all sitting on the floor right in front of the massive wooden framed television that resembled a piece of antique furniture. We jockeyed for position in the middle. When it got a little scary my sister freaked and took off crying to my mom! I remember the Billie Jean video and how the side walk lit up as Michael walked across it....I used to take my LP sleeves and stagger them about on the floor as if they were cement panels in the sidewalk...and walk on them pretending they were lighting up.I remember being about 4 years old and my cousins used to used to make me dance and sing...they were older and got a kick out of it apparently....I was in love with the song Billie Jean....at the part of the song where Michael sings "Who will dance, on the floor, in the round".....I used to get down on the floor and do a funky little spin thing and the cousins would go wild!!! Kinda sad today....

StartingAllOverAgain:
I'm also saddened. I am only a few months younger than he was and have never been sick a day in my life. I cannot imagine someone my age passing away so suddenly like this??I also remember when Thriller came out. I had some boy cousins who were fans of Michaels, and I remember being at their house and my cousin Jimmy dancing to Bille Jean and him and his brother Billy re-enacting scenes of Thriller. I was a lot older then they are, and while I didn't participate in the singing and dancing, I did get a laugh out of how happy they were! Jimmy had the Billie Jean dance down to a T!I used to get Tiger Beat and read all the gossip on him-who was Michael dating this month? I thought him and Brooke Shields would get married someday, I thought they made a cute couple. Who would have thought he would end up married to Lisa Marie one day?

0 comments: