»

Commenting on this blog

In order to keep this blog a safe and respectable place for our readers and to keep spammers away, all comments must be moderated before they appear to the general public. Please allow a few hours time for your comments to appear.

Share HOF With Your Friends!

Search This Blog

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Weekly Match Results ending 3/7/9

Lightweight Tourny 2: Lady Rain washes Go Solo down the drain winning 6-3

Album v. Album: It's the end of the road of 1000 Miles of Life as Soul Alone wins 5-3

John v. John: Carved in Stone etches out I Found Love winning 5-2

Daryl v. Daryl: What's in Your World knocks I Wasn't Born Yesterday into the outer realms winning 6-3.

Quarterfinals start Tuesday! Down to the final 8 in each tourny! By the way, I don't decide these matches each week. I set up a bracket at the beginning and just follow it if you wonder "how" I do it. Great voting!

Lady Rain is our featured video this week on our YouTube channel!
http://www.youtube.com/user/HallAndOatesForever

My Commentary:
Go Solo for me is one of the highlights of H20. It's a powerful song with lyrics like "shake it up and take it to the break this time." It's hard to let someone you love go. On a personal note, when I was a kid, I was always worried this was the Hall and Oates split up song!!

1000 Miles of Life is great John songwriting. It's him, no frills, no fluff, just John. That's why we love him. His songs are honest and personal. I Found Love is one of those personal testimony songs of his great love for his wife.

I Wasn't Born Yesterday is a standout from Three Hearts and should have been the 2nd single. I think the song is almost perfect really with great instrumentation and a fantastic sax solo. Lyrics include "the joke behind the lie" and "I seem to see both sides when they disagree and neither one seems right." I'm sad to see this song exit the tourny!

0 comments: