»

Commenting on this blog

In order to keep this blog a safe and respectable place for our readers and to keep spammers away, all comments must be moderated before they appear to the general public. Please allow a few hours time for your comments to appear.

Share HOF With Your Friends!

Search This Blog

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Weekly Match Results for the week ending Feb. 7

More voting this week! Great to see it!! Here's the results:

John v. John: 1000 Miles of Life was too far for the Ravens to fly as 1000 wins 4-3

Album v. Album: Our Kind of Soul is good but they Do it For Love as it wins 7-1

Lightweight Tourny 2: Life's Too Short for London, Luck, and Love as Life's Too Short wins 5-2

Daryl v. Daryl: It's a halt for Next Step as North Star shines winning 7-3

Here's my personal commentary:
John v. John: These 2 songs are still new to me but 1000 Miles of Life has a message that I can connect with. It's a song about wasting so much time and energy on things that don't matter. How much I've wasted of my life not concentrating or pursuing the things that really and truely matter. Can anyone else relate?

Album v. Album: I'm going to concentrate my commentary here on Our Kind of Soul since Do it For Love will return. Their version of I'll Be Around is really really good and I prefer it over the Spinners original. I love their versions of Standing in the Shadows of Love and Used to Be My Girl. And yes, Daryl is right, Neither One of Us is the saddest song ever written. I must confess this recording did not contain the songs I thought it would but it is a very solid one nonetheless. I'm not a big fan of Let Love Take Control but do really like Don't Turn Your Back on Me and Soul Violins.

Daryl v. Daryl: Next Step is one of those driving rock songs from the mid 80s. It creates a question I'm sure we've all experienced at one time or another: what is that next step? Because whatever it is-I want to take it. North Star is smooth, classy, and lingering-a hidden gem.

Lightweight Tourny 2: London, Luck, and Love is one of my favs. I prefer it to Life's Too Short. It's the first appearance of some things are better left unsaid too. It's a great lyrical painting of Daryl's love affair with London and what's going on there. Oh, the place, the chance, the feeling of London, Luck and Love.

0 comments: